Design the de-duster that can capture & separate up to 90% of clinker dust particles before the flue gases enter into the boiler.
A new de-duster has been designed based on SCL option-3 & further improvement is done in terms of flow & pressure drops and demonstrated using the CFD analysis which includes the "inlets ducts from cooler tap-off point to discharge side of the boiler HP PSH (i.e. Phase-1)" to get insight on flow movement, pressures & clinker dust particle collection efficiency in the new de-duster hopper & existing hopper located below the HP SSH.
The steady state CFD analysis has been carried out by considering flow rate, temperature, pressure & clinker dust particle details as provided based on the test data obtained from the site.
With new de-duster high velocity & recirculation regions are substantially minimized. The pressure drop obtained from cooler tap off to entry of sacrificial tubes found to be 238.4 Pa which is almost 50% less than original case. The analysis results show that the dust collection efficiency in the new de-duster design is 63% & of existing hopper is 32% (total dust collection efficiency of 95%) with the best pressure drop of 88.7mmWC in phase-1 after optimizing the shape & size of the de-duster along with its ducting.